Top 10 Australian Hits April (2013)
The month of April (2013) took off with a stumble and a few songs hit the top ten. There were also honourable mentions that has us all “shaking our booty”, including Gangham Style. Intriguing that a South Korean artist should have such a massive impact on the Western dance scene. Gangham Style won Best Video at the MTV Europe Music Awards held later in the year. It launched several very funny parodies throughout YouTube. In fact some of the parodies appeared at one point as if it might sweep the nation.
Radioactive, Imagine Dragons – this song was a buzz in all the best dance clubs and greatly assisted the popularity of the band
- When I Was Your Man, Bruno Mars – very powerful song especially with the teens and the twenty-fives and above, strange that it never really took hold of the late teens and early twenty’s, but a great song for the era
- Thrift Shop, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Feat. Wanz – incredulous that over the years no singer has mentioned the obvious, that so many young people use the thrift shops for their clothes shopping. Better known here in Australia as ‘Opportunity Shops’; Salvos, Vinnies, Red Cross and others all got a shot in the arm with sales following this popular song
From top eleven and down we saw songs such as :
- I Knew You Were Trouble, Taylor Swift (seemed to have a series of relationships which were harshly treated in her lyrics)
- 22, Taylor Swift
- Battle Scars, Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian – most times our very own Guy gets involved in a pop song it takes off and this song was no exception, extremely popular up and down the East Coast of Australia
- Cups (Pitch Perfect’s When I’m Gone), Anna Kendrey – Every teenage karaoke event had the boppers screaming for this song If your song is not in the above selection, please call us and we will attempt to help out and get it for you.
For the latest Karaoke Songs added, call 0418 11 45 11